How to Manage a Remote Sales Team with Channing Ferrer
Manage episode 348343451 series 2678832
#98: As sales teams are increasingly embracing remote work, leaders are finding that managing a remote sales team comes with a unique set of challenges. To explore the differences between in-person and remote management, Channing Ferrer joins Outbound Sales Lift to discuss his experience managing remote sales teams.
Channing and Tyler explore the ins and outs of remote management including hybrid versus fully remote teams, how to connect and communicate with remote SDRs, in-person meetings, and peer enablement.
Remote Leadership versus In-Person Leadership
- 02:06: How can you create accountability remotely given that SDRs are typically entry level employees?
- 03:38: Importance of a daily standup meeting to bring the sales team together for time-blocking
- 06:29: Advantages and disadvantages of hybrid sales teams
Communicating with Remote Sales Teams
- 09:41: How to set team norms when using Slack to communicate
- 13:06: Establishing communication methods as a manager — text, phone calls, etc.
Building Trust with Remote SDRs
- 17:45: Remote SDR enablement
- 19:18: Benefits of peer-to-peer sales coaching
- 21:48: Giving feedback when managing a remote sales team
ABOUT CHANNING FERRER
Channing is a Go-To-Market advisor, proven Chief Revenue Officer, and an early-stage investor. He has extensive experience developing and growing international teams, implementing processes & systems across global technology companies. He has helped both start-up and mature organizations to scale. His reputation for success is based on his experience designing inside and field sales teams and building processes across multiple Saas companies. He has consistently driven market leading revenue growth.