Michel de Rijk | Why Now Is The Time To Be Bullish On China & The Impact Of AI On The World Of Advertising
Manage episode 375231046 series 2638833
In this episode of The Negotiation podcast, we are joined by Michel de Rijk.
Michel is an esteemed marketing executive who has held leadership posts at some of the world’s largest agencies, most recently as CEO APAC for S4.
In our conversation with Michel, we discuss his background and extensive experience in the APAC region. Michel highlights the opportunities and challenges of doing business in China, emphasizing the country's innovation and immense potential. He advises brands to adopt a long-term strategy and understand local market trends when entering China. We also discuss the impact of COVID-19 on companies' strategies in China and the importance of adapting to technological advancements, addressing misinformation, and prioritizing sustainability in the advertising industry. Michel also discusses his excitement about the Indian and Vietnamese markets. Enjoy!
Topics Discussed and Key Points:
● Energy and growth in the APAC region
● China's innovation track record
● Opportunities and challenges of doing business in China
● The importance of long-term strategic thinking while entering the Chinese market
● Impact of COVID-19 on companies' strategies in China
● The importance of international market exposure and learning from different regions
● The success story of Tim Hortons and coffee culture in China
● Exciting consumer markets in APAC beyond China (India and Vietnam)
● Regional strategies for APAC
● Importance of local presence in key markets
● The evolution of regional HQ strategies over time.
● Impact of technology on the advertising industry and daily lives