Manage episode 375734907 series 2638833
In this episode of The Negotiation, we are delighted to speak with Su Cheng Harris-Simpson. Su Cheng is the visionary founder of the Women Empowerment Council (WEC), an organization dedicated to promoting gender equality in business in China and beyond.
Su Cheng has been an active member of the Beijing business community for three decades. Before moving into entrepreneurship and eventually founding the WEC, she worked at Boeing, the Capital Club in Beijing, and United Technologies Corporation. She’s also a long-standing board member of the American Chamber of Commerce in China.
In this episode, Su Cheng shares her journey from working at Boeing to starting her own consultancy in Beijing and eventually pivoting to philanthropy and women’s empowerment. We delve into the WEC’s initiatives, including its upcoming conference where they will release a white paper that outlines policy recommendations for empowering women.
All listeners of The Negotiation can get a 20% discount off tickets for the Women’s Empowerment Conference & Awards with the promo code WPIC_2023. They can also use this link to register: https://app.glueup.cn/event/40943/register/?coupon=WPIC_2023.
Topics Discussed and Key Points:
- How SCHS Asia was founded
- The power of communities: AmCham and the Women Empowerment Council
- Addressing gender disparities: The Women's Economy Summit
- Su's work with the Women Empowerment Council (WEC)
- WEC’s upcoming annual conference and awards
- Importance of role models and diversity in leadership positions
- Power of consumer spending in promoting equality and supporting socially responsible companies