Manage episode 376927432 series 2638833
In this episode of The Negotiation, we are delighted to welcome back Jacob Cooke, Co-Founder and CEO of WPIC Marketing + Technologies. Jacob is based in Beijing where he oversees the China and broader APAC operations for WPIC.
Jacob recently returned to China after a summer trip to Canada, so we thought it would be a great time to bring him back on the show to share what he’s seeing on the ground in China and APAC’s e-commerce landscape.
After sharing his thoughts on China’s domestic and international travel sector, Jacob dives into the narrative around weak consumption in China. Jacob refutes this narrative, emphasizing that there is robust growth in several consumer sectors. We also discuss Alibaba’s performance and leadership shuffle, as well as the latest Li Jiaqi scandal, before turning to a discussion of the e-commerce markets in South Korea and Southeast Asia.
Topics Discussed and Key Points:
● Chinese travel in the new normal
● The ongoing e-commerce boom in China
● Lesser-known cities experiencing enormous growth in China, such as Hangzhou and Dalian
● Analyzing earnings reports and financial statements to gain insights into the Chinese market
● Alibaba's leadership transition
● The e-commerce markets in South Korea and Southeast Asia
● TikTok's rise in Southeast Asia