Manage episode 343542255 series 2508405
In today’s episode, we cover the different work genius skills with Patrick Lencioni. Patrick is founder and president of The Table Group, a firm dedicated to helping leaders improve their organizations’ health and the author of ten business books including his most recent work, The 6 Types of Working Genius: A Better Way to Understand Your Gifts, Your Frustrations, and Your Team.
Knowing what kind of work your personality is inclined toward can make the difference between loving your work and hating it, having an innovative team and a failing team, so what are the different types of work and how can you leverage them to achieve incredible success?
What to Listen For
- Introduction – 0:00
- Why do we get frustrated at work and what is triggering this?
- What are the skills necessary to fully function in any work environment?
- Different Kinds of Working Genius – 5:32
- What are the different types of working skills we already have and the skills we still need to develop?
- What are the benefits of learning and knowing how these skills can change our work environment?
- What Type of Worker Are You? – 18:28
- How do you behave within the team and how do you react to different situations?
- Are you tenacious, love to push things forward, and make sure they get done?
- Interpreting the Assessment Results – 32:54
- What can you do when you think your co-workers are outsmarting and outperforming you?
- What is the concept of quiet-quitting and why is it causing companies to lose their genius talents?
A Word From Our Sponsors
Do you LOVE the toolbox episodes? Did you know that every week we give a LIVE mini-toolbox lesson inside our Private Facebook Group? Best of all it is FREE to join. Join today and get access to all of our live training and level up your communication, leadership, influence and persuasion skills. With 14,000 members it’s a great place to network, learn and overcome any obstacle that’s in your way.
Did you know that you can get the whole Art of Charm catalog when you subscribe to Stitcher Premium using our link? That’s 15 years of podcasts featuring expert guests and toolbox episodes! Sign up today and use Code “CHARM” to get a free month!
Running out of things to say in conversation… and still struggling to get people interested in you? That’s an uncomfortable position to be in. Don’t want to risk getting tongue-tied and screwing things up the next time you meet someone? Check out Conversation Magic now to make sure you don't crash and burn. With our bulletproof formula, you'll be flirting up a storm, sparking fun and engaging conversations, and making high-value friends anywhere!
Resources from this Episode
Check in with AJ and Johnny!
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices