Manage episode 378190883 series 3284780
On today's episode we have a glass of Compass box Peat monster and a bowl of Cornell & Diehl: Da Vinci. We continue our pipe Pairing series with special guest Ryan from the club! We talk about Latakia, Hookah, and Steve’s Pipe Origin Story. All that and more on today's episode of Whiskey Chasers!
Be sure to Like us on Facebook and follow us on instagram, as well as rate and review the show wherever you are listening, it really helps us out.
Be sure to show some love for the company that brought you today's bottle!
- Compass box is not one of a kind when it comes to the world of Scotch. It is a blending company, which is how several distilleries got their start in scotland
- Think Bourbon Brand Companies
- Nulu/Bardstown Bourbon/Smokewagon
- They consider themselves ‘Whiskymakers’
- a word they invented
- A Whiskymaker is someone who feels compelled to make things better - to ask questions, to challenge, to experiment. A Whiskymaker is different from a distiller, and more than a blender.
- If they were a bourbon company, I would be bashing them for this! But, again, majority of blended scotch companies started this way
- History of Compass box
- Back in 2000, John Glaser was working for a large UK distiller when he realized that there was so much that hadn’t yet been explored in the world of Scotch whisky.
- So, he started Compass Box, an inventive company based on the long-lost model of the Scotch whisky blending house, but with a forward-looking approach and an unrelenting desire to create deliciousness.
- Originally working from his kitchen, Compass Box has grown over the years and now has two dedicated Blending Rooms in London.
- They have their own stocks of maturing whiskies in Scotland and a team of over 15 hugely enthusiastic whisky-lovers.
- The bottle:
- 100% malted Barely
- Blend of:
- 64.7% Caol Ila (cull Eela)
- 35% Laphroaig
- Less than 1% Highland Malt Blend
Thanks For Listening! Tell a Friend!