433: How to Create Momentum with Magnus Grimeland of Antler
Manage episode 346303956 series 2609669
After graduating from Harvard Business School alongside future tech giants like Mark Zuckerberg, Magnus Grimeland traveled the world as a consultant for McKinsey. After exploring Southeast Asia, he decided to lay down roots and leverage the region's enormous business potential. From 2013-2017, Grimeland built ZALORA into Southeast Asia's largest fashion ecommerce business. Now, he's supporting fellow founders through his latest business, Antler, a global early-stage venture capital firm that invests in the defining technology companies of tomorrow. In the last 2 years, Antler made 190 portfolio company investments and has opened offices in 14 cities across 6 continents.
Listen to Nathan and Magnus discuss:
- The atmosphere at Harvard during the Facebook era
- His journey to Southeast Asia and seeing its potential
- Creating the first cash and delivery system in the region
- Building ZALORA from scratch
- Why ZALORA was a breeding ground for entrepreneurs
- His 3 things to look for in good talent
- What separates Antler from most VCs
- Why time is the most valuable resource for startups
- And much more early-stage founder advice…
Who do you want to see next on the podcast? Comment and let us know! And don't forget to leave us a 5-star review if you loved this episode.
Wait, there's more… If you enjoy the Foundr podcast, check out our free trainings. Get exclusive, actionable advice from some of the world's best entrepreneurs.
Speak with our friendly course experts to get clarity on the next steps for your idea, business or career. You will get tailored insights from results achieved by our proven practitioners as well as thousands of students. Book a call now...
For more Foundr content, follow us on your favorite platform: