Engage Your Team for Innovation with Jeffrey Magee
Manage episode 304178465 series 2839893
Download a year’s worth of weekly action steps to improve your leadership for FREE!
Jeffrey Magee is the “Thought Leader’s Leader.” He is the publisher and editor-in-chief of Professional Performance Magazine, editor of the LEADERSHIP MASTERY and SALES MASTERY blogs, a former nationally syndicated Radio Talk Show Host, as well as a published author of 31 books, including 4-Best Sellers and 4 graduate management textbooks. He is a leadership columnist and highly sought global professional speaker on performance psychology.
- Three steps to create engagement: 1. Awareness (what/why), 2. Engagement (how), 3. Commitment (when)
- Unleash innovation by inviting critical thought. Make it safe for someone to challenge.
- Provide financial incentives for quantitative benefit to the business that come through innovation.
QUESTIONS TO INSPIRE US TO ACTION
- What is some lesson, saying, or experience that continues to influence your leadership to this day? Do not accept anything people say or do unless you can validate it.
- Use three descriptors to finish this sentence: “A leader is…” Bold, brilliant, and has foresight.
- What is a question that leaders should be asking either themselves or others? What are the implications of your decisions and ideas over the horizon?
- What book would you recommend to leaders? Jeff’s reading formula: Always be reading 1) a technical book/textbook on your profession, 2) the pop book that people are talking about, 3) an autobiography of someone within your industry, 4) a how-to book within your space.
- If you could get every listener to start doing something THIS week to help them be a better leader, what would it be? Think legacy. Stop and recognize what it is you are doing that people will remember – your actions, behaviors, comments.
- As a general life principle, is it better to ask “why?” or “why not?” “Why not?” because it is contrarian. It challenges people to a deeper thought.
CONNECT WITH JEFF
- Email: email@example.com
- LinkedIn: @drjeffspeaks
- Website: www.JeffreyMagee.com
CONNECT WITH JOSH
- LinkedIn: @joshuafriedeman
- Instagram: @joshuafriedeman
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want a FREE list of weekly action steps to improve your leadership? Download the Leadership Action List TODAY!
Mentioned in this episode:
Subscribe to Business Bitcoinization
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app
Business Bitcoinization Trailer