Law Talk With Bill Powers | From Legal Issues and Legislation to Practice Tips, Professionalism, and Policy Discussions
Questions You've Always Wanted to Ask a Judge - Guest Judge Matt Osman
Manage episode 338046515 series 1951223
Questions you've always wanted to ask a Judge
Ever wondered how the court system works and what it's like to be a judge?
Today on Law Talk with Bill Powers, the Honorable Matt Osman joins us to discuss the responsibilities associated with serving as a District Court Judge in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- What goes through their mind when they're making a decision?
- How do they come up with their rulings?
- What's the process like?
Whether it involves family law or a divorce in Charlotte, misdemeanor criminal case, or DWI charge, District Court Judges handle a tremendous number of different types of cases.
If you are interested in the law, a law student, or a practicing attorney, we hope you learn from Judge Osman's perspective.
If you'd like to volunteer to be a guest on the podcast or suggest additional topics for Law Talk with Bill Powers, please email: LawTalkWithBillPowers@gmail.com
Law Talk is a non-partisan forum to discuss the law and legislation, developing legal issues, public policy, and practice tips developed to provide information and educate.
We invite speakers from different backgrounds and perspectives to be guests.
Check out past Episodes of Law Talk:
- Living Legend in the Law - "The Journey" - Eben Rawls
- Honorable Lucy Noble Inman - Appellate Issues in NC, Standards of Review, and Trial Techniques
- Insurance Defense Lawyer - John Nunnally - Professional Development and the Practice of an Insurance Defense Lawyer
- Custody Issues in NC - Charlotte Family Law Attorney Caroline Wingate Strauss
- What is Embezzlement - Crimes of Theft or Dishonesty by Employees
- NC DWI Laws - Important Changes to the Ignition Interlock Laws in North Carolina
- Life as a Charlotte Divorce Lawyer - Tom Bush and Bill Powers discuss the practice of law and the path toward becoming a Family Law Attorney
- Civil Contempt, Criminal Contempt, and Motions to Show Cause in Charlotte NC
- Domestic Violence Protective Orders - 50B Orders in North Carolina