427: How to Pick a Winning Product with The Oodie Founder Davie Fogarty
Manage episode 341825418 series 62727
Davie Fogarty created Australia's fastest-growing ecommerce brand, The Oodie, which sells wearable blankets and accessories. But success didn't happen overnight. After multiple failed businesses, at 24 years old, Davie had a chip on his shoulder to prove he could succeed. So in 2017, he started 2 ecommerce businesses, and they both took off immediately. In the past 4 years, Davie has grown his company of 5 major brands called the Davie Group to $400M in sales. In this episode, you'll learn exactly what it takes to build an incredible ecommerce brand in 2022 and some of the pitfalls to avoid.
Listen to Nathan and Davie discuss:
- Davie's early failed business attempts
- The pros and cons of having something to prove
- Why bootstrapped founders become a jack of all trades
- What was special about The Oodie as a product and brand
- How to create and test ecommerce products
- How competition affects your ads
- Why good marketing instills trust
- Attribution tools and the changes in advertising
- And much more ecommerce advice…
Who do you want to see next on the podcast? Comment and let us know! And don't forget to leave us a 5-star review if you loved this episode.
Wait, there's more… If you enjoy the Foundr podcast, check out our free trainings. Get exclusive, actionable advice from some of the world's best entrepreneurs.
Speak with our friendly course experts to get clarity on the next steps for your idea, business or career. You will get tailored insights from results achieved by our proven practitioners as well as thousands of students. Book a call now...
For more Foundr content, follow us on your favorite platform: