Manage episode 364059247 series 2968392
Chris Wade is an all-time favorite guest here at the EUVC Podcast, the co-founder of Isomer Capital is undeniably one of Europe's true OG LPs. With an extensive career as a founder, startup mentor and LP with more than 50 Venture fund investments under his belt, Chris co-leads Isomer's fund investments and leads their co-investment program.
And we brought along for this episode Alexis Houssou, the Founder & Managing Partner of HCVC, an community-first early-stage venture capital firm that helps hardtech founders tackle problems with capital, resources and collaboration.
In this episode, you'll learn:
- The origin story of the relationship between Isomer and HCVC
- Reflections from both sides of the table on managing LP relations in co-investments
- Why Alexis thinks it's paramount that you only do co-investments with LPs/GPs when there's a lot of trust on both sides.
- Why Chris thinks the overwhelming most important thing an LP can ask of a GP is to be transparent and trustworthy.
- Reflections on the inconvenient yet fundamental truth: Funds don't make money, companies make money.