David Schwartz & Jordi Baylina: Polygon zkEVM – From Mainnet to Mass Adoption - Part 2
Manage episode 358242512 series 1652309
While Part 1 (#486) focused on the technological advancements that allowed proofs to be generated in a practical manner, lowering both the time and the hardware requirements, in this episode, we take a closer look at the use cases of different types of zk rollups and how they could promote blockchain mass adoption. Polygon's zk EVM equivalence, coupled with low transaction fees, promise a frictionless user experience. As with all L2 rollups, sequencer decentralisation remains a pressing issue that needs to be solved.
We were joined by Jordi Baylina (tech lead) & David Schwartz (CTO) from Polygon's zkEVM, to discuss the relationship between Polygon's multiple zk rollups, their use cases, as well as network statistics for zk-EVM.
Topics covered in this episode:
- The relationship between Polygon and zkEVM
- The differences between Polygon’s multiple zk rollups
- Network participant roles in zkEVM
- Transaction submission stages
- Sequencer decentralisation
- Transaction costs
- Use cases for different zk rollups
- Open-sourceness, decentralisation and the licensing of zkEVM’s prover
- The decentralised identity project (DID)
- Roadmap after main-net launch
- Polygon zkEVM – From Circuits to Mainnet – Part 1
- Jordi Baylina on Twitter
- David Schwartz on Twitter
- Polygon zkEVM on Twitter
- Omni: Access all of Web3 in one easy-to-use wallet! Earn and manage assets at once with Omni's built-in staking, yield vaults, bridges, swaps and NFT support.
This episode is hosted by Friederike Ernst & Meher Roy. Show notes and listening options: epicenter.tv/487