Manage episode 360266532 series 2542864
Our guest this week is Todd Wiesel, Founder and CEO of BAXUS. We discuss whiskey collecting, spirits investing, and how BAXUS is seeking to be the leading platform to buy, sell, and invest in rare spirits.
We are thankful for everyone who has supported us. A huge shoutout goes to our growing Patreon Community as well! We'd appreciate it if you can take the time to give us feedback on our podcast. If you enjoy our content, consider giving us a 5 star rating on your favorite podcast app, leave us a review, and tell a fellow bourbon lover about our show.
Follow us @BourbonLens on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter. And please check out our Patreon to learn how you can support our endeavors, earn Bourbon Lens swag, be part of future barrel picks, and more. If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, please email us at Info@BourbonLens.com.
Check out our BourbonLens.com to read our blog posts, whiskey news, podcast archive, and details on our upcoming single barrel picks.
Cheers,Scott and JakeBourbon Lens
BAXUS is the future of wine and spirit trading. The brainchild of a whiskey trader and a software engineer, BAXUS is revolutionizing the spirit investment market by making it easier and more secure to buy, sell, and invest in spirits. BAXUS harnesses the power of blockchain technology to allow collectors and investors to safely store and secure their assets while maintaining proof of ownership.
BAXUS has partnered with large and small collectors to authenticate and safely store their spirit collections. BAXUS keeps all authenticated assets in their state of the art vault. BAXUS uses a proprietary proof of presence technology to ensure your bottle is secure at all times.
BAXUS believes that security should not hamper transparency. Once you have tokenized your collection with BAXUS and your bottle is secure in the BAXUS vault, their platform allows you to track the value of your portfolio in real time, as well as access historical sales data. BAXUS tracks over 45 different sources to make sure you have the most up to date pricing, all in one convenient place.
How It Works: Solidify your ownership and start trading with BAXUS in 4 simple steps:
- Send BAXUS your collection
- Get connected with our BAXUS on-boarding team to safely transport your collection to our vault.
- BAXUS authenticates & stores your collection
- BAXUS experts inspect each bottle to ensure its authenticity. They then store and insure your assets in a temperature controlled vault. BAXUS use proprietary proof of presence technology for extra security and ease of identification.
- Your Collection is Tokenized
- BAXUS mints an NFT on the Solana blockchain that validates your proof of ownership and the authenticity of the spirits. This creates a permanent record of ownership and facilitates hassle-free trading.
- You trade
- List assets in your collection for sale on OpenSea and seamlessly trade across the Solana blockchain. The transaction is secure and instantaneous, all while the bottle remains in the BAXUS vault. BAXUS’s services also include real time portfolio valuation and management, for those who prefer a hands off approach.
Baxus Related News:
- How New Tech Is Making Wine Cellars Smarter – Robb Report
- Meet the night owl CEOs rejecting the 5 a.m. club | Fortune
- How BAXUS Offers an NFT Solution to Spirits Collectors | Alcohol Professor
- The labor shortage is bringing job seekers all kinds of new perks: Pick-your-pay, student-loan benefits, bonuses, and flexible work
- NFTs And The Future Of The Alcoholic Beverage Industry