Manage episode 271767165 series 1036640
In this episode of Y.E.L 2.0, your host Peter Voogd shares his tips for how to embark on a journey of self-discovery that allows you to identify and understand your unique abilities and strengths.
- Peter listened to a David Blaine interview and found himself feeling inferior and thinking he could never do what David Blaine does.
- Then, David Blaine said his biggest fear is speaking in front of large crowds of people, which Peter does regularly and thinks he’s pretty good at it.
- Don’t compare yourself to others and identify and understand your unique abilities.
- Peter doesn’t really believe in passion.
- Start with your ideal outcome, starting with your strengths and values, then reverse engineering your plan.
- Choose your top values and narrow it down to your top 3.
- Choose 3 character traits you want to be used in your eulogy.
- In 3 words, what is your philosophy on living?
- What 3 values would you want to pass on to your grandchildren?
- What are 3 qualities you want in your ideal business partner?
- What are 3 qualities you want in your ideal life partner or significant other?
- Imagine your dream day. What 3 emotions or values describe that experience?
- What 3 core values do you want people to think about when they think about you?
- This is not always a quick process—continue to ask yourself these questions until you achieve clarity.
- Unfollow people who don’t have similar values to you.
3 Key Points
- Never compare yourself to someone else.
- Ask yourself tough questions now and you will see the payoff later.
- Follow people who achieved their success with similar values to yours and who have a similar lifestyle to you.
- “People spend way too much time outside the unique ability and they move on to the next job, vehicle, opportunity, without figuring it out first.” –Peter Voogd
- “If you go on a journey of self-discovery, everything else in life becomes easier. And most people would rather do anything than actually sit there and ask tough questions.” –Peter Voogd