Manage episode 322410768 series 2533765
The Right To Food Campaign, the Centre for Equity Studies and other organisations conducted a survey of food insecurity across 14 Indian states, called the Hunger Watch survey. This is the second such survey since the onset of the pandemic. It was carried out in the months of December 2021 and January 2022.
In this episode of The Suno India Show, host Suryatapa Mukherjee speaks to Anjali Bhardwaj, founder of Satark Nagrik Sangathan and a leading member of the Right To Food Campaign. Anjali explains the stark findings of the survey and what the government can do right now.
See sunoindia.in/privacy-policy for privacy information.
1. Findings of the survey (00:01:53)
2. Personal stories from the ground (00:06:13)
3. How children are struggling (00:08:33)
4. More marginalisation means less nutrition (00:10:55)
5. How Omicron deepened the crisis (00:12:31)
6. Why we have food insecurity despite foodgrain (00:15:11)
7. What the government can do now (00:19:54)