Manage episode 339561317 series 2533765
Revadi culture seems to be the buzzword in politics today. It started with a speech made by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and now has been responded to by many leaders including Delhi Chief Minister, Arvind Kejriwal, Tamil Nadu Finance Minister, P Thiagarajan among others.
Suno India’s Suryatapa Mukherjee spoke to Dipa Sinha who teaches economics in Ambedkar University to understand the politics behind these debates. Dipa is actively involved in the Right to Food campaign and has worked with the Centre for Equity Studies and Public Health Research Network. She regularly writes on issues related to social justice.
See sunoindia.in/privacy-policy for privacy information.
1. Prime Minister speech on revadi (00:00:21)
2. Supreme court petition against freebie culture (00:01:59)
3. Differentiate between freebies and welfare mea (00:03:13)
4. State finance in relation to expenditure (00:05:48)
5. Govt is not spending much on welfare measures (00:08:29)
6. Viewpoint of privileged in the media (00:11:15)
7. Elite view that poor are not productive (00:13:36)
8. What is true development? (00:15:36)
9. Kind of social welfare work depends on context (00:17:43)
10. Delhi government's electricity , water subsidy (00:19:55)