The NoDegree Podcast – No Degree Success Stories for Job Searching, Careers, and Entrepreneurship
Ross Sutherland–Left School at 16, Became Global Creative Director at Ogilvy & Mather by 20
Manage episode 341722134 series 3252769
He hated school and was a terrible student. Ross Sutherland finished high school by 14 but in New Zealand, students are legally required to be in school up until the age of 16, he took one semester of fine arts from a local university.
Listen in as Ross tells Jonaed about:
- His love of art and how it shaped his career
- The unconventional advice his dad gave that set the tone for his career.
- How he worked at Olgivy & Mather, a top advertising agency, in six countries.
Support/Contact Ross Sutherland:
Need career or resume advice? Follow and/or connect with Jonaed Iqbal on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn: https://bit.ly/JonaedIqbalND
- Connect with us on social media!
Thank you for sponsoring our show. If you'd like to support our mission to end the stigma and economic disparity that comes along with not having a college degree, please share with a friend, drop us a review on Apple Podcast and/or subscribe to our Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/nodegree.
Remember, no degree? No problem! Whether you're contemplating college or you're a college dropout, get started with your no-degree job search at nodegree.com.