The NoDegree Podcast – No Degree Success Stories for Job Searching, Careers, and Entrepreneurship
Nikema Prophet–How a Black Neurodivergent Single Mom without a Degree Broke into Tech
Manage episode 338816416 series 3252769
She did well academically. So much so that Nikema Prophet was in the gifted program in elementary school. But, she struggled socially. But she didn’t when it came to dance. So she decided she’d become a professional dancer.
Listen in as Nikema tells Jonaed about:
- How her undiagnosed ADHD affected her in school
- Getting pregnant while enrolled in a Pharmacy technician course.
- Her struggle to get a job in the tech industry as a black, neurodivergent single mom without a degree
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nikemaprophet/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/dev_nikema
- Personal Website: https://nikemaprophet.com/
- Github Sponsor: https://github.com/sponsors/prophen
Need career or resume advice? Follow and/or connect with Jonaed Iqbal on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn: https://bit.ly/JonaedIqbalND
Connect with us on social media!
- LinkedIn: https://bit.ly/NoDegreeLinkedIn
- Facebook: https://bit.ly/NoDegreeFB
- Instagram: https://bit.ly/NoDegreeIG
- Twitter: https://bit.ly/NoDegreeTW
- TikTok: https://bit.ly/3qfUD2V
- Join our discord server: https://bit.ly/NoDegreeDiscord
- Thank you for sponsoring our show. If you'd like to support our mission to end the stigma and economic disparity that comes along with not having a college degree, please share with a friend, drop us a review on Apple Podcast and/or subscribe to our Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/nodegree.
Remember, no degree? No problem! Whether you're contemplating college or you're a college dropout, get started with your no-degree job search at nodegree.com.