Manage episode 342664082 series 2385502
What is metacognition, and does it have a place in modern marketing?
On today's episode, host Mark de Grasse sits down with Josh Wilkinson, the Founder of Ascend Ventures LLC, to talk about metacognition and its application to Marketing.
Metacognition is essentially thinking about thinking. It's a fancy word for being aware of what you are doing and, more importantly, why you are doing it. As a marketer, no skill is more valuable than self-knowledge. And the more experienced marketers understand this simple fact: good thinking is expensive. But bad thinking costs an arm and a leg.
Listen in to discover how metacognition can help improve marketing results. The goal is to get marketers to scrutinize their own thinking and understand what they know and don't know.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- What is metacognition?
- How to systematize your thought process
- Ways to turn problems into opportunities
- Successful sales: the more frustrating the problem, the easier the sale
- How to conduct a root cause analysis
- Why you need to disqualify prospects fast
- Want to know more about an organization? Talk to the Janitor
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- 7 Levels of Scale Workbook
- Find out your Leadership Trust Score at Ready to Lead.
- Listen to the #1 Digital Marketing Podcast, Perpetual Traffic
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to The DigitalMarketer Podcast? Have some feedback you'd like to share? Connect with us on Apple Podcasts and leave us a review!
This Month's Sponsors:
- Conversion Fanatics - Conversion Rate Optimization Agency
- Get 50% Off Monthly Blog Writing Service - BKA Content
More Resources from Scalable
More Shows You'll Love
- Perpetual Traffic - The #1 podcast for learning paid traffic and improving your conversions!
- Business Lunch - Sit down every week some of the most successful people in the world. Hosted by Roland Frasier and Ryan Deiss
Mentioned in this episode:
[Free Download] DigitalMarketer's Canva Holiday Promo Pack
Grab These 195 Ready-To-Use Canva Templates For 5 Upcoming Holiday Promotions!