Manage episode 359830933 series 3318471
Armed with his MBA and mechanical engineering degree, Colin Dunn was determined to solve the critical issue of maintaining aging infrastructure. Little did he know, his journey would take an unexpected turn into the world of cybersecurity and lead to the creation of a revolutionary one-way check valve for data. How will this innovative solution protect customers from cyber threats and revolutionize the industry?
In this episode, you will be able to: 1. Fortify your critical infrastructure using Fend's innovative hardware and software technologies. 2. Enhance customer relationships by comprehending their purchasing behaviors and strategies. 3. Stay ahead of cyber threats by adapting and implementing robust compensating controls. 4. Collaborate effectively with resellers while retaining a strong ethical business foundation. 5. Foster employee motivation and unity by emphasizing a larger, shared mission.
My special guest is Colin Dunn, CEO of Fend
Colin Dunn, a visionary entrepreneur and seasoned mechanical engineer, has successfully navigated the challenges of bringing a hardware product to market in the cybersecurity realm. With an innovative mindset and a keen understanding of the critical infrastructure landscape, Colin has developed a groundbreaking solution that addresses the pressing need for secure and reliable communication in operational technology environments. Drawing from his extensive experience in product development and business strategy, Colin's expertise lies in creating unique solutions to complex problems and empowering teams to excel in the ever-evolving world of cybersecurity.
The topics covered in this episode are:
- Consider Fend as a solution for securing critical infrastructure and operational technology, as it allows one-way communication, mitigating the risk of outside attacks while still enabling monitoring and alerts.
- Explore the benefits of Fendcloud, which combines Fend's hardware with cloud-based analytics to provide comprehensive visibility and control over legacy industrial systems.
- Look into federal funding and startup accelerators for support in developing and launching hardware-based cybersecurity solutions.
- Research the importance of creating a sustainable business model when developing novel cybersecurity technology solutions.
- Recognize the value of targeting a niche market, such as critical infrastructure cybersecurity, where the demand for unique and secure solutions is high.
- Consider focusing on hardware-based cybersecurity solutions that are made in the U.S. to address concerns about foreign-made technology in critical infrastructure.
Tinkering and Progress: Creating simple, scalable, and affordable hardware innovation for data protection.
Cybersecurity has long been a focus for technology researchers and businesses alike. With the rapid digitalization of the world we live in, the need for data protection has never been more important. Traditional sof
If you are a sales leader, you are probably under pressure right now to use your headcount on quota-carrying positions BUT you intuitively know you need to invest in the team to help them succeed. Unstoppable.do gives you the capabilities of a world-class enablement team without having to use precious headcount AND with a pricing model that makes sense for startups. If this is intriguing, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on LinkedIn for regular posts about growing your cybersecurity startup
Want to grow your revenue faster? Check out my consulting and training
Need ideas about how to grow your pipeline? Sign up for my newsletter.