Manage episode 341554708 series 2812490
In today’s episode, we cover groundedness with Brad Stulberg. Brad coaches executives, entrepreneurs, physicians, and athletes on health, well-being, and sustainable excellence, and is the bestselling author of The Practice of Groundedness: A Transformative Path to Success that Feeds -- Not Crushes -- Your Soul.
Being present is harder than ever in a world with a million things fighting for our attention, so what can you do to stay grounded in a world of distractions, what mindset can you adopt to work hard without burning out, and build a community that keeps your carries your momentum forward?
What to Listen For
- Introduction – 0:00
- What is groundedness and what does it mean to practice groundedness?
- The Principles of Groundedness – 10:22
- What practice can you implement to accept where you are in the moment so you can make better decisions about where to go next?
- What is the best thing you can do if you feel like you’re in a hole and time has slowed down to a crawl?
- The Key to Feeling Good and Being Happy – 20:31
- What piece of ancient wisdom is repeated throughout history when it comes to feeling good and being happy?
- What can you do to limit the distractions in your life so you can start your day productively and with a clear mind?
- Vulnerability and Confidence – 41:50
- How can you leverage vulnerability to build more confidence?
- What is deep community and how does it help you achieve groundedness?
When it comes to happiness, feeling good, and crushing life, there is one ancient wisdom that keeps popping up throughout history. That ancient wisdom is groundedness. Groundedness means living in the present moment, being connected to your body and your surroundings, and having a clear mind. It’s about being fully aware of what is happening around you and within you. Practicing groundedness can help you limit distractions so you can start your day productively, build more confidence by leveraging vulnerability, and feel happier and more content in life. What will you do today to start living more grounding?
A Word From Our Sponsors
Do you LOVE the toolbox episodes? Did you know that every week we give a LIVE mini-toolbox lesson inside our Private Facebook Group? Best of all it is FREE to join. Join today and get access to all of our live training and level up your communication, leadership, influence and persuasion skills. With 14,000 members it’s a great place to network, learn and overcome any obstacle that’s in your way.
Did you know that you can get the whole Art of Charm catalog when you subscribe to Stitcher Premium using our link? That’s 15 years of podcasts featuring expert guests and toolbox episodes! Sign up today and use Code “CHARM” to get a free month!
Running out of things to say in conversation… and still struggling to get people interested in you? That’s an uncomfortable position to be in. Don’t want to risk getting tongue-tied and screwing things up the next time you meet someone? Check out Conversation Magic now to make sure you don't crash and burn. With our bulletproof formula, you'll be flirting up a storm, sparking fun and engaging conversations, and making high-value friends anywhere!
Resources from this Episode
- Brad Stulberg’s website
- The Practice of Groundedness: A Transformative Path to Success That Feeds--Not Crushes--Your Soul by Brad Stulberg
- Brad Stulberg on Twitter
- Brad Stulberg on Instagram
Check in with AJ and Johnny!
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices