Manage episode 348467539 series 1370482
When life gets stressful, do you find yourself running to food to cope? Do you find that any emotion causes you to want to eat, and to eat too much? If so, you're not alone. On today's episode of the Taste for Truth podcast (links below), I speak with Kristy McCammon, the creator of LifeUnbinged, about her struggle to break free from a life controlled by food.What We Discussed on the Podcast
- How sugar and white flour abstinence helped Kristy tear down the idol of food
- How "none is so much easier than one"
- Learning to sit with uncomfortable emotions
- How different personalities approach weight loss
- Victory over emotional eating always boils down to renewing our mind using a variety of tools
- How reaching out in times of failure can circumvent an unhealthy spiral
- What a life of food freedom truly looks like
- How viewing boundaries as "life-giving" rather than "restricting" can help us stick to them
- Kristy's mantra: Stop - Pray - Walk Away
- Barb's newest book: Say Goodbye to Emotional Eating
- Leader's Guide to Say Goodbye to Emotional Eating
- Kristy McCammon's website and coaching program: LifeUnbinged
- Life Unbinged on Facebook
- Life Unbinged on Instagram
- I Deserve a Donut App
About Kristy McCammon
Kristy McCammon is a speaker, blogger, influencer, and coach in the area of Christian weight loss. She spent most of her life food obsessed and overweight. In 2017, she started using boundaries in regards to food and lost 100 pounds. She has been maintaining that loss for 4 years now. She specializes in Christian weight-loss by combining faith and food boundaries. She is on a mission to help others become free from food addiction and fully live out God’s plan for their life. Her signature course is called the 60 Day Surrender.
You can find her on social media where she shares trips, tricks, and recipes to help others on their journey to food freedom:
- Google: Click here to subscribe or listen on Google Podcasts.
- Stitcher: Click here to subscribe or listen on Stitcher.
- Apple Podcasts: Click here to subscribe or listen on Apple Podcasts. (If you haven’t subscribed to the podcast on Apple, this can sometimes take a few hours to update.)
- Android: Click here to subscribe or listen on Android.
- Spotify: Click here to subscribe or listen on Spotify.
- Amazon Alexa: To listen on Amazon Alexa, say, “Alexa, play the Taste for Truth Podcast.”