Manage episode 269403315 series 2518332
According to analysts, the cannabis industry in Asia alone could be worth US$12.5 billion in 2024.
While this estimate has spawned a number of startups hungry for a share of the potential pie, does it mean the region is in for a “green gold rush”? That depends on several factors, including whether a lot more countries will follow Thailand’s lead in legalizing cannabis, even if just for medical use.
On this month’s Deep Dive, Tech in Asia’s Joseph Gan discusses the Asian cannabis tech industry’s latent potential and whether it’s worth betting on.
More information on today's episode here: https://www.techinasia.com/deep-dive-high-hopes-cannabis-tech-industry
- Joseph Gan, a Tech in Asia reporter based in Singapore
This year, the Tech in Asia Conference will explore the tech opportunities presented by the new Golden Age. To adjust to our new reality, we will also be going virtual as we aim to bring you the most relevant insights into four areas:
- What are the emerging opportunities in the region's golden age
- Which verticals, companies, and business models are driving new innovation in Asia’s tech scene
- How the startup world will change in 2021 and beyond
- How to accelerate your business toward recovery
Sign up now at techin.asia/conference20 to get 40% off your ticket purchase.