Manage episode 326093600 series 3320049
In this is a special bonus episode, I sit down with Noël Jackson to discuss the world of blockchain, NFTs, Web 3.0 and the potential impact these things could have on music and the arts. Noël is an artist, music producer, and mastering engineer, as well as a computer engineer, UX designer, and hacker. We chat through the basics of what blockchain, smart contracts and cryptocurrencies are and then work into the implications they could have on music royalties, ownership, and how transparency leads to the sustainability of the arts.
In this episode we'll dig in on...
- How blockchain can reinvent the record store
- Mining Bitcoin with volcanos
- Smart contracts implications in music and art
- The importance of understanding the technology you are using
- Digital assets
- The need for transparency in the music industry
- Proof of Work vs Proof of Stake
- Data tracking purposes vs Monetary Purposes
Learn More About ...
Product Strategy Firm: https://necessary.vision/
Sign Up for Complete Producer Network HERE!
Get on the Waitlist for The Beats Accelerator Process HERE!
Get on the Waitlist for The Mix Accelerator Process HERE!
Join my Studiocast.io Studio and get behind the scenes of Progressions!
Support Progressions on Patreon!
Sign up for the Progressions Mailing List
Learn more about Travis: https://www.travisference.com/
Guest: Noël Jackson
Host: Travis Ference
Editor: Stephen Boyd
Theme Music: inter.ference