Manage episode 376068863 series 2954093
If we went back 15 years and looked up “Social Engineering,” it was defined as something malicious and manipulative. But as Chris Hadnagy studied psychology, influence, persuasion, and human decision-making, he saw that social engineering wasn’t always negative.
So Chris came up with a new definition: Human hacking, i.e. social engineering, is “Any act that influences a person to take an action that may or may not be in their best interest.” How social engineering is used defines if it is malicious or not.
So how do you employ social engineering? By following Chris’s 7 principles of elicitation. Learn more in this episode of Negotiations Ninja.Outline of This Episode
- [2:20] Learn more about Chris Hadnagy
- [3:15] What is human hacking?
- [5:37] The definition of elicitation
- [9:54] Chris’s 7 principles of elicitation
- [14:57] How to make someone feel good
- [19:34] The power of nonverbal communication
- [22:32] Exercise: How to suspend your ego
- [25:38] Get involved with the Innocent Lives Foundation
- Robin Dreeke
- The Moral Molecule: The Source of Love and Prosperity
- Building Trustworthiness with Nonverbal Communication with Dr. Abbie Maroño, Ep #331
- 5 Ways to Use Elicitation in Negotiation with Jack Schafer, Ep #349
- The Innocent Lives Foundation
- Human Hacking: Win Friends, Influence People, and Leave Them Better Off for Having Met You
- Connect on LinkedIn
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on Twitter: @NegotiationPod
- Connect with Mark on LinkedIn
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on LinkedIn
- Connect on Instagram: @NegotiationPod