Manage episode 357811443 series 2542864
Our guest today is Drew Hannush, who is helping us kick off our coverage of Irish Whiskey for St. Patrick’s Day. Drew is an author, podcaster, world traveler, and incredible storyteller. Drew Hannush is the author of the best selling book "Whiskey Lore's Travel Guide to Experiencing Kentucky Bourbon” and his latest book, “Whiskey Lore’s Travel Guide to Experiencing Irish Whiskey”. He also hosts two whiskey podcasts, Whiskey Lore - The Stories & Whiskey Lore - The Interviews. Drew has traveled extensively throughout Scotland, Ireland, and the United States touring distilleries, picking up stories, and helping inspire travelers and whiskey lovers through his social media posts, book, and whisk(e)y tasting experiences. He uses his knowledge and authoritative voice to empower others. We are excited to chat about Irish Whiskey and his travels in Ireland with Drew in this episode and we hope you enjoy too.
Drew understands that the way to bring history alive is to humanize it through entertaining stories. His Whiskey Lore Podcast takes the wonderful legends and myths gathered from distilleries around the globe and transports the listener behind the label of their favorite spirits. From telling the story of Shackleton's whisky through master blender Richard Paterson to the historic rising of Four Roses, told through the memories of brand ambassador Al Young, Drew reveals the stories that bring you closer to your favorite whisk(e)y. Find out more about Drew and Whiskey Lore on his website. You can grab copies of his books here:
Irish Whiskey in the News:
- Purchase Drew’s latest book: “Whiskey Lore’s Travel Guide to Experiencing Irish Whiskey”
- The State of Irish Whiskey - Daily SevenFifty
- Drew's Book featured in Irish News
- Irish Whiskey Tourism Soared in 2022
- Irish whiskey market size to grow by USD 1.54 billion from 2021 to 2026: A descriptive analysis of customer landscape, vendor assessment, and market dynamics - Technavio
- Whiskey Tourism in Ireland Increased By 425 Percent Last Year | VinePair
- Brands Report 2023: Irish Whiskey - Drinks International - The global choice for drinks buyers
- The History of Irish Whiskey
- Irish Distillers Files NFT Patent To Launch Virtual Bars – Jameson In Metaverse
- ‘I only see good things at the moment’ – Irish Whiskey Association chair James Doherty on a booming | Business Post
- Amid an Irish Whiskey Renaissance, the World’s Oldest Licensed Whiskey Distillery Comes of Age | VinePair
We are thankful for everyone who has supported us. A huge shoutout goes to our growing Patreon Community as well! We'd appreciate it if you can take the time to give us feedback on our podcast. If you enjoy our content, consider giving us a 5 star rating on your favorite podcast app, leave us a review, and tell a fellow bourbon lover about our show.
Follow us @BourbonLens on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter. And please check out our Patreon to learn how you can support our endeavors, earn Bourbon Lens swag, be part of future barrel picks, and more. If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, please email us at Info@BourbonLens.com.
Check out our BourbonLens.com to read our blog posts, whiskey news, podcast archive, and details on our upcoming single barrel picks.
Cheers,Scott and JakeBourbon Lens