Manage episode 364290450 series 3447008
For the last 3 decades, Harry Isaac has been deep diving into the world of Health & Wellness. He received training in Shiatsu Therapy (RST), Holistic Nutrition (RHN), LaStone Therapy (LST), and is a certified Breathwork Teacher for Individuals, Couples & Groups. He completed a B.Sc in Marine Biology from Dalhousie University, worked at the Holistic Therapy Centre in Vancouver and founded the Whole Health Clinic on Bowen Island. These days his passion & focus is breathwork at his private practice Embody Breathwork in Halifax, NS breathing with individuals, couples and big groups.
In this episode we dive into all things breath related. Take a moment and notice how you’re breathing right now. Do you feel your breath in your upper chest and throat, your heart space, your belly? Breathing is something we all do as humans - and Harry Isaac thoughtfully breaks down steps we can take to become more conscious about how our breath impacts our emotional and physical well-being, and vice versa. We discuss daily breathwork practices, energy levels, spirituality, releasing stuck emotions, and so much more.
We talk more about:
- Harry’s journey exploring breathwork practices.
- Different types of breathwork, including: Holotropic, Wim Hof, and Conscious Connected Breath.
- Diaphragmatic mouth breathing.
- We all have breathing patterns for anxiety, stress, and depression.
- Why should you explore breathwork?
- The relatedness between energy levels and breathing.
- Integrating unprocessed emotions through breath.
- Breaking down a typical breathwork session.
- Breathwork activation and physiological changes in the body.
- Being in control in psychedelic journeys vs. breathwork journeys.
- The benefits of crying and emotional releases throughout breathwork.
- Working through emotional, physical, and mental discomfort during breathwork.
- Exploring transient hypofrontality.
- Spiritual experiences during breathwork.
- Accessing deep wisdom, inner truths, and non-ordinary states with the breath.
- Aftercare for breathwork.
- How often you should practice breathwork.
- Outlining daily breathwork practices to optimize your breath.
- The connection between longevity, health, and breathing.
Links in this Episode:
- Harry’s Website
- Harry’s Instagram
- Harry’s Online Breathwork Classes (Listeners, you can use the coupon code BU50 for 50% off your 1st online breathwork class anytime in 2023. Note: online classes are always on the 4th Sunday of the month at 3pm PDT)
If you found this training valuable, be sure to subscribe for weekly trainings and conversations on topics related to personal transformation and empowerment, conscious leadership, neuroscience, spirituality, and peak performance.
Follow me on IG: https://www.instagram.com/jonathanperezlife/