Docker Shocker | LINUX Unplugged 502
MP3•Laman utama episod
Manage episode 358445380 series 2841921
Oleh Jupiter Broadcasting ditemui oleh Player FM dan komuniti kami - hak cipta dimiliki oleh penerbit, bukan Player FM, dan audio distrim secara langsung dari pelayan mereka. Tekan butang Langgan untuk mengesan kemas kini di Player FM, atau tampal suapan URL ke dalam aplikasi podcast lain.
… continue reading
The story of an open-source hero who became a villain.
Special Guest: Alex Kretzschmar.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Bitwarden: Bitwarden is the easiest way for businesses and individuals to store, share, and sync sensitive data.
- Berlin Meet Up — Join Brent for an impromptu, short-notice, Nextcloud-esque meetup in Berlin!
- Berlin Buds on Matrix
- Docker is deleting Open Source organisations — Yesterday, Docker sent an email to any Docker Hub user who had created an "organisation", telling them their account will be deleted including all images, if they do not upgrade to a paid team plan. The email contained a link to a tersely written PDF (since, silently edited) which was missing many important details which caused significant anxiety and additional work for open source maintainers.
- Coder Radio 66: Docker All The Things
- We did a terrible job announcing the end of Docker Free Teams — We apologize for how we communicated and executed sunsetting Docker “Free Team” subscriptions, which alarmed the open source community.
- Deploy a Docker registry server
- Introducing lscr.io — We are partnering with Scarf to create our own pseudo-registry, lscr.io. This isn't a true docker registry, we're not hosting the images ourselves, it's more of a load-balancer/stats platform/vanity URL.
- Dodge the next Dockerpocalypse: how to own your own Docker Registry address — What if you could use your own fixed registry URL, on your own domain & entirely under your control, but without having to self-host forever, or even commit to any particular registry, or handle all the bandwidth & storage costs?
- Reddit Discussion: DockerHub replacement stratagy and options on ipfs
- Podman — Podman is a daemonless container engine for developing, managing, and running OCI Containers on your Linux System.
- nerdctl — Docker-compatible CLI for containerd, with support for Compose, Rootless, eStargz, OCIcrypt, IPFS, ...
- whats-up-docker at noted — What's up Docker ( aka WUD ) gets you notified when a new version of your Docker Container is available.
- LinuxFest Northwest 2023 — October 20-22, 2023 at Bellingham Technical College
- Office Hours 9 — We Hate Crypto Too
- Podcasting 2.0 Apps
- The future of Linux Containers — At PyCon Solomon Hykes shows docker to the public for the first time.
- Docker Open-sourced — dotCloud, a PaaS provider, has open sourced Docker, a key component of their platform.
- First commit for Kubernetes
- Microsoft tried and failed to buy docker for $4b
- New Red Hat project looks a lot like a Docker fork
- Introducing Moby Project
- Solomon Hykes leaves Docker, the company he founded
- Rate limiting starts on Docker Hub