Manage episode 348023470 series 2598106
We all have a liturgy to our lives, even if we don't call it that. So why bother with one that's old and global, too? Since Advent is the start of a new liturgical year, Seth and Tsh unpack what the calendar is and why it matters. Not so much a deep dive, this chat is more of a high-level perspective on why it's good to lean into a rhythm for marking time outside of ourselves.
- Seth's newsletter + website
- Tsh's newsletter + website
- Tsh's 2022 Gift Guide
- Pick up a round of drinks!
- Our recommended reads
- A 101 on Advent
- Tsh's Advent book, Shadow & Light
- The Liturgical Year, by Joan Chittister
- Living the Christian Year, by Bobby Gross
- Sounding the Seasons, by Malcolm Guite
- The Comfort Crisis, by Michael Easter
- Madison Cunningham
This is a public episode. If you’d like to discuss this with other subscribers or get access to bonus episodes, visit thecommon.place/subscribe